Pages

Another reason Swedes are the best.

Monday, March 26, 2012
Today I went to Coop Konsum to shop food for tomorrows train ride to Kiruna over night. I figure I wont have enough time in Stockholm to really stop and eat. I looked at sandwiches and other prepared foods, but did not find anything that I fancied. I decided to just get a Risifrutti and worry about real food tomorrow. I went to the self check out. I paid with cash, got my change and recipt and left. I was busy thinking about the few other things I needed to get before going home to finish packing. I headed to the shoe store to purchase shoe laces for my boots. My laces had almost fallen apart. When paying for the laces I realized I had forgotten to get  the paper money at the grocery store. I was debating weather to go back, or leave it go. It was only 20kr, about 4 US dollars. I decided it couldn't hurt to go back and ask, so that is what I did. The lady knew exactly what I was talking about, she had even wrapped it in a note describing who's it was. I could not help but think that in the US at self checkout, the next person would have taken it as free money. They would have thought nothing of it. Finders keepers losers weepers. But in Sweden, even that 20kr, was right there waiting for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment