Pages

A productive yet unproductive day.

Friday, February 17, 2012
I eventually decided to completely redo everything that I had previously done on the food show for my English class last night. I wanted it to be pretty good, even though I had under 24 hours, and knew it would not be my best work, I got into it and was a machine last night and this morning. All with the help of coffee and tea. I was up until 2:30 this morning slaving away on the video, but at that point I decided it was time to get a little sleep for the night, so I went to bed. Before falling asleep I made sure to set my alarm for 7:30am as to not sleep in and not have time to finish before heading off to school. After a quick breakfast of strawberry yogurt and grains with tea and coffee, of course, I got back to work. I worked and I worked, running into the occasional problem with the Adobe Premier crashing, but  after much practice the night before I was in the habit of saving after every thing that I did. I was finally finished, 40 minutes before class, 20 minutes before my bus, but just when I was taking a breath of relief, it crashed while rendering. And then again, and then again. And once again, for good measure to make sure I was angry and a little stressed. No matter how angry I was after this close to ten minute ordeal, I took a breather, and let my computer have one too, that is just what it needed. However, by this time I had come to realize that I was likely to miss my bus, so the best option was to upload it to Youtube, so they could access it even if I was not there at the beginning, this however, turned out to be a mistake. It took about 20 minutes to render, I had not taken into account the extra 40 minutes it would take to upload, or 10 to process. I could not help but stare at the estimated time remaining as it slowly worked its way down, until it was complete, 25 minutes before my class was over. I took a breath of relief. Even though I had missed my class, I had completed what I took to be good work. Not so much to my surprise, after class I received messages from my group mates saying how spectacular it was. However, after seeing it more then 100 times during the past 24 hours, I had become quite tired of it, while welcoming the comments, I have not really appreciated them. Anyways, because it is already on the internet, why not share my work with you all:

1 comments:

{ Michelle } at: February 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM said...

Is this the origin of your desire to do a cooking show when you return to the US?

Post a Comment