Pages

This is life...

Saturday, September 10, 2011
Hej alla!

What has happened since my last post.... Well alot. I have been in Sweden for just over a month now, which is so hard to believe. It seems like I have lived here my whole life, besides not speaking swedish all the time. But, then to think that the time has gone by so fast and I only have eleven months left is hard to believe! The last time I posted was the morning before my family hosted a traditional swedish cray fish party. To say the least it was a lot of fun! There where tons of traditional songs sung, and as the night went on, it became a night I will never forget.
Lamp outside during party.
I must admit that I am writing this post at school. Sometimes, actually most of the time school is a mystery to me. I never know exactly what is going on. My swedish school is nothing like the normal american high school. We do not have room numbers, we have room names. They can be anything from Hissen (Elevator) to Akvariet (Acquiriam). It makes it a little bit more difficult to figure out where you are supposed to go when you have no idea what floor or what number. We are currently working on putting together an exhibition on the history of sweden. My group is doing the years 1930 till 1950. It is interesting to see how all the different subjects are incorporated into our work. Next week our exhibition will be shown for the weekend at a culture festival in Västerås and Uppsala, hope that will be fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment